The number of road accidents is increasing day by day. And one of the major reasons behind these accidents is texting at the time of driving. While driving, it is very important to focus and aware of the actions of other drivers as well. With the move into the digital world, people are more used to texting while driving. As a vehicle owner, it is important to stop your driver texting at the time of driving.
Some Facts about Texting and Driving: Here are some facts and statistics which can force you to think before texting-
- Chances of crash increase to 23 times during the text messaging at the time of driving.
- Most of the teenagers drive 10% of the time outside of their lane while driving.
- 20% drivers of all age groups have admitted that they do web surfing while driving, which is very dangerous for everyone on the road.
- In most of the countries texting is not allowed while driving but the bitter truth is that people do it somehow.
These facts are sufficient to understand that how harmful is to text while driving. It is important to prevent a driver from texting and following tips can be useful in this:
- Staying off the phone can be quite difficult, especially when someone is texting you. It is better to switch off the phone in this case.
- If you do not want to miss any message then turn your phone on silent and put it far from your reach.
- If you need to talk or text someone, pull over to a safe place.
- If you are a fleet manager or depend on drivers, it is important to give them clear instructions about prohibition of cell phones during driving.
So these are some tips which can be used for avoiding the use of smartphones while driving. It is important to understand the responsibility while driving because any wrong move can be harmful for you as well as other passengers on the road. So follow the rules, avoid texting and be a safe and responsible driver.